Monday, January 11, 2010

The Time is Now

The last two days here in NYC have been very chill. I have done a lot of shopping from big stores to tiny boutiques. I have slept in and had a good workout each day so of course I am happy. But now the real fun starts today, we had the New York cares orientation and now we can finally get down to the stuff I came here for. We get to do fun projects like help the homeless and less fortunate elders and children. This to me is so important. I know I have told many people in my life that before I die I want to make a difference in someone’s life and I have a feeling with New York cares I will get a good chance to start that dream. Serving other people gives me more happiness then satisfying myself. When I think about the projects we will do and the people we will meet feels me up with excitement. I finally feel that we can get stuff done in NYC then just shop, sleeping, and working out, but don’t get me wrong I love that stuff to. So tomorrow is going to be an exciting day where I can plan things and figure out what projects I want to do. So hopefully by the time tomorrow rolls around I will be making a difference and be orginazed. Because really we have all ready been here for a week and time is running out so we best get a move on things so till then much love.

 

Mariah

1 comment:

  1. Just remember, you do not need an orientation or organization to help you make a difference. Looking at someone in the eyes and asking them how they are can change someone. Being kind creates a current of change.

    ReplyDelete