Thursday, January 28, 2010

Family is Forever

Today was a day that I planned to be very productive well my planning didn’t go very well. I wanted to get my gifts out of the way so I could relax a little on Friday but it didn’t really happen so tomorrow I am waking up at 6 to work out then getting things done but still going to take it easy and enjoy my last day in the city. I did it Cuban food today which happens to be the best thing in the whole entire world and just eating that food could make my day. So I am going back tomorrow J Today I had New York cares and it was at a nursing home and even though I had a good time it really had me thinking a lot about growing old and my family. Seeing the people with Alzheimer’s was extremely hard for me. The thought of someone I love and that’s close to me and them forgetting me breaks my heart.  It made me realize how much I love my family and that I shouldn’t take my life for granted I cant begin to explain how much this trip to New York has opened my eyes. The one thing I cant wait to do now is spend time with my family. When I was at the home there was a lady that reminded me so much of my grandma she would raise her eyebrows when she talked and nod her head, just like my grandma does when we talk. Looking at this lady broke my heart. I though about all the times my grandpa wanted me to go to church with him on Sundays and I shot him down because I hated the people at my church. I never actually took the time to realize that he just wanted to spend time with me. I was his little blonde bommer. Then there is my mom who makes me call her twice a day thats was very hard for me at first i got irritated but its just because she loves me so much and she couldn't handle the fact that her little girl was in NYC. Today we were talking and she told me how glad she was that I was coming home and how many times she sat at the table with my grandma and cried that i was gone. I think my mom thinks that i don't appreciate her and that i don't miss her but gosh i really do. And I am going to try a lot harder to show her this. I love my family so much and being in college I sometimes forget about them. Thanks to this day, that will never happen again…mark my words.

 

Yours truly

Blonde bommer J

No comments:

Post a Comment