Sunday, January 24, 2010

balling

Saturday gets here a day I have been waiting for because I have Sport explores in the Bronx. I was so excited when I received a e-mail saying that we would be playing volleyball. I love volleyball it was my favorite sport in high school and I was excited to play with the kids. The trip to get to the school was crappy the subway G that we had to take was closed so we had to take a bus. Which was really confusing and kind of scary because we where in the projects and it was something that I had never seen before. It was exactly what it looks like in the movies dirty streets and graffiti everywhere. There was also a lot of Jews at least I think that’s what they were but it was a different kind they wore big fur things on there head and had to long strands of hair in the front like bangs curled in tight curls. Once we got to the school it was cool. We got the kids together and did volleyball drills which I could of did all day long because it was so much fun. Then we scrimmaged and it was pretty fun even though I wish I could of went all out. Later on in the day I went to Westside story with Anne where we sat in the front row right in the middle. The singing and dancing and acting was all so great but I just don’t like the story line of west side story that much it’s a little to cheesy for me. But I really loved going to it and I am glad I went. Then I came back to the apartment and crashed.

 

Love

Maria…I mean Mariah

2 comments:

  1. Loved your signature. The individuals are describing are members of Hasidic Judish which a a branch of Orthodox Judaism that promotes spirituality and joy as the fundamental aspects of their faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were a stunning volleyball teacher! I think i may even go pro.

    ReplyDelete