Wednesday, January 27, 2010

5 for 5

So today I kind of woke up on the wrong side of the bed…I don’t really no why maybe because I wanted to sleep in but couldn’t. I just kept telling myself I can sleep when I get back home. So I woke up early and headed to Canal street to try and get some gifts for friends and family before heading home unfortunately I just ended up buying perfumes for some of them and am going to have to make another trip back tomorrow. Then after my little shopping I did I went to New York Cares with Eric. We had a nice long chat on the subway since it was on the opposite side of the town. I have found a lot out about Eric from being here and that’s that he has one of the biggest hearts. One time when Eric went to go pass out sandwiches he brought extra so he could give them away to the homeless people that couldn’t get seconds, it was so sweet. He also was very good with the kids at are project today. That’s one thing with me I get a little impatient when the kids start going all crazy but he keeps his cool. The New York cares today was fun I met a nice guy named Ted and we ran the baseball station together where it started off really good and the kids were loving it but then it ended up getting out of hand within a half and hour but it was fun. Then Eric and me headed back but we stopped at a grocery store because I spotted some good deals. Eric learned a thing or two about grocery shopping and probley if he would of went with me earlier would of saved a lot of money. He was amazed when I showed him a deal 5 for 5 when it came to frozen pizza and he bought five of them. So he should be pretty set for the last few days we have here. I just got back now from the gym and am ready to hit the sack I am exhausted.

1 comment:

  1. I am forever grateful for the shopping tips. I really had a great time doing the projects with you Mariah. I am inspired by your passion to help people and want to make a difference in the world. You better try out for Cinderella!

    ReplyDelete