Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day One

So before I left for New York one of my friends said to me “Mariah you know when you go to New York your going to be just a number”….and I thought about that long and hard. A number huh? What’s that mean? He said “No one knows how athletic you are or smart or funny or anything your no one your just a number.” And once again I thought about this and said you mean to tell me that no one will be able to start a rumor about me with something that never happened and I wont be there main conversation or that if I happen to slip up no one will be able to judge me and I don’t have to meet people expectations because no one will really care well gee I guess I want to be a number. And as I walked around New York all day today I looked at people and I saw a lot of different things people with there families and friends and people that were alone so its not like being here doesn’t let you have a life alone because you do have people that care.  You just don’t have everyone tiring to figure you out. They mind there own business but this doesn’t mean that they wont talk to you or help you if you need it they do still have hearts believe it or not. So I guess my first impression of this place is…I would love to live here but then again it is just day one.

 

Yours truly

58478638 (or whatever number I may be)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Mariah, this entry was positively poetic. Beautiful absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete