Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Mussa

Today I went to another New York Cares project at a elementary school where I got to do arts and crafts with some 2nd grade kids. I was looking forward to this for sometime and when I got there I was kind of surprised to see that there was a lot of adults there and not that many kids. But each of us adults had a kid and I got a boy named Mussa. He was quiet the kid. The thing we were doing was making book all the kids loved it…. except for Mussa. He would rather be doing other things like throwing markers not drawing with them. And of coarse doing his best to not corporate with anything we were to do. But eventfully I did get him to start on his book but it wasn’t easy and he still wouldn’t write words he said it would be a picture book. I told him that’s ok sometimes those are the best books and this is what Mussa’s story was about… The title was the cheetah named Arthur the first page consisted of hell, where the devil cheetah lived the second page had a cheetah drinking beer (as I told him this wasn’t appropriate he did not care) the next page was the cheetah eating a kangaroo and the last page was a cheetah going to the bathroom, the end. That was his book and if you ask me it sums up how my day went with Mussa. The people were nice at this school but not very sincere and I think the kids could even pick up on that. But either way today was an experience and I wouldn’t change anything not even my little ornery kid Mussa.

1 comment:

  1. So does their insincerity make you want to take on education or does Mussa's behavior turn you away from it? FYI...you would be a fantastic teacher.

    ReplyDelete